Curtains, cushions, upholstery … become the basic tools to do it quickly and easily
That textiles are essential elements when decorating a space is something very important. Bedding, curtains, cushions, Upholstered … one of the secrets of the interior is harmoniously combine all these elements to create a certain environment. Right now that spring is just around the corner, the first rays of sunlight begin to announce the good weather and we will have a greater amount of natural light, why not renew the image of your home?
Here comes some recommendations to get the effect you intend.
- For example, if your house is not big and you have plenty of light, one of the best options is to use the plain cloths, which can combine with others in which emphasize the texture (embroidery, emboss …). And is that too big or flashy prints contribute to dark environments. In these cases, it is best to choose small prints, while you can use them without major changes.
- When choosing the color, choose well the base material (which will usually cover upholstered furniture or large, like the couch), that is the color that will rule when conducting the different combinations. Note that there warm colors (red, yellow, orange, brighter …), and cool colors (blue, green, purple) that can provide a cool sensation at the same time help to create a more relaxed atmosphere. The color scheme also allow you to enlarge or belittle a space.
- It is important to choose the fabric texture. For example, flax, cotton fabrics are fresh, while wool, for example, is a tissue to be considered in the colder months. Also, depending on the texture you choose give a natural touch (burlap, linen, canvas, cotton) or a touch of sophistication (silk, chiffon, damask …).
- In the bedroom and study sites, is important to coordinate colors well, avoiding strong contrasts.
- If you want use of natural light, choose lightweight fabrics.