It almost made for parties and celebrations around a table in successive occasion at Christmas. A perfect opportunity to toast around our people for a prosperous 2010. And among the ways to welcome the New Year is often never missing a glass of champagne. But … Do you know how to enjoy it properly? The Regulatory Council of Cava just brand new web that shells in all aspects this drink that already has more than 100 years of history. The places of origin of the vine, the characteristics of its soil and climate, the process of cultivation and harvest, the varieties of grapes, or wine making process are some of the proposed contents of which will advance a small part , in particular that has to do with the service and cava tasting:
Here comes good Tips!
- The champagne should be served between 5 and 8 degrees.
- It should be cooled for a few hours in refrigerator for about 30 minutes in a water and ice.
- Cava should avoid freezing because a sudden change in temperature may affect their virtues and qualities.
- The cup chosen should be allowed to enjoy its color, subtle flavor, its bubbles … Therefore, we choose a glass of cristal up and transparent. It must also be flute or tulip-shaped, Avoiding broad crown that makes it emit smells too quickly.
- The champagne must gently uncork to avoid loss of wine and foam.
- To serve is to be keeping the bottle tilted slightly leaving the liquid slowly sliding down the wall of the cup, never fill more than two thirds full so that the wine does not lose its optimum temperature.
- As for pairings generically we can say that for the shellfish, fish,
- For the rice and in general will be either a Cava Brut the Brut Reserva. Meats, roasts and those recipes call for a very laborious preparation Cava Brut Nature Gran Reserva with more body and amplitude. For the pastry I will choose a Cava Demi-sec or sweet.
Feliz Navidad y Prospero año nuevo 2010!
Back to http://www.misslopez.se